Friday 12 June 2020

How to Behave - Customers Beware!

I have been driven to despair by some people's poor behaviour, and have come this close () to giving up entirely once or twice recently.. You do know I'm the world's leading expert on quite a lot of this stuff? Be nice to me please.

Yes, I know you think you are my only customer, but yesterday I could not answer the emails as fast as they came in. Not the first time, either. It's scary, to answer one, make a note, open the inbox, find 5 more...

I have had to turn my phone off at night because people ring at 7:30 am or 10:45 pm, and want a long complicated chat. Sorry, I want a lie-in sometimes, and long leisurely dinner and a conversation with the cat, so tough... 12 till 6, folks, no earlier or later

And, yes, I can Google for you, but so can you do this for yourself. I'm happy to help by telling you what search terms are required, but then absolutely I don't have time to read a dozen sites for information you will not be particularly grateful to have handed on...

If you ask for something that I have to check, do you want me to drop everything and the thirty-six previous enquiries? Or can you wait a day or so. I have everything in my house. Some of it has not been unpacked since I moved the last of it in October last year, because nursing John and being with him at the end of his life was everything, for quite a long time. And, your machine is old, if you are running a business with it and have no back-up, I'm sorry, I have little or no sympathy...

So, ask nicely, accept that you are in a queue, accept that I am one person, disabled by a back injury, tired, living alone, grieving, sad and sick and so bloody tired. I'll get to you...

And, if you find it elsewhere, for goodness sake, tell me... Save my legs (I have stairs) and then maybe, just maybe, I won't put you on my no-longer-going-to-be-helping-you list...




No comments:

Post a Comment